Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ex-Gooner news and not much else

Not much going on today.

Jermaine "convicted felon" Pennant completed his £6.7m move (rising to £8m on performances, allegedly) to Liverpool yesterday after completing a medical. The surprisingly hefty fee is good news for Gooners, as we take a 25% cut as part of the agreement that saw him leave Highbury, and as you all know, 25% of £6.7m is mumble mumble mumble.

In other former Gooner news, Sol Campbell, professional pie eater, has been linked with a move to Olympique Marseille. This is the club that were also sniffing around Jean Alain Boumsong earlier in the close season. You've got to ask whether the French have watched the Premiership lately.

It looks like Derby County are close to finalising a permanent move for Arsenal youngster Ryan Smith. It's a shame as Arsenal staff have had high hopes for Smith over the past two or three years, but I guess a decision has been made somewhere in the halls of power that he's just not going to break into the first team any time soon. Still, he's only 19 and it seems a little unfair when you look at the faith that's still placed in Jeremie Aliadiere at the age of 23.

Ludovic Guily says he was shocked at TH14's decision to stay in North London. I should think he was considering that he spent two months leading up to the Champions League final telling anyone with ears that were halfway functional how he was Thierry's best mate, talks to him all the time, already been told he was coming, that Thierry had already bought a house in Barcelona and basically proving that he is a prize twat. God I loved it when he missed out on France's World Cup squad, which led to my favourite football quote of the year so far:

"I deserved more respect. Apparently I am not even part of the 30 or 40-man list. I don't know where I am and I don't know whether I am part of any plans in the future. So I am off to Australia for a month. I will do some canoeing among crocodiles, kangaroos and penguins."

What a tit.

In North East London news, Tottenham have launched their "third kit", which will be used for colour clashes in the Premiership and for away matches in their UEFA Cup campaign. It's a lovely colour combination of gold and dark chocolatey brown that doesn't at all look like diarrhoea. I like to think that it's a homage to their gastro-intestinal difficulties at the end of last season.

It's just beautiful, isn't it?

1 Comments:

At 1:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home